Encouraging your kids to brush their teeth even once a day can come as a challenge and may even be down right frustrating! So how do you make sure they’re keeping up with their dental hygiene? These tips will motivate your kids to brush and may even turn this chore into fun.
- Get a fun toothbrush and toothpaste: Let your kids come along to the store to pick out a toothbrush and toothpaste they’ll be excited to try. There are so many options out there for kids, from singing toothbrushes to their favorite Disney characters and superheroes. They’re bound to find a combination that makes them want to brush their teeth.
- Create a reward system: Try setting up a chart and give your child to get a sticker to add to it every night they brush their teeth. Give them prizes for reaching 15, 30 or 50 stickers. This will surely excite your kids to brush.
- Make it a game: It’s not a chore when it’s fun! You can make almost anything into a game, from cleaning up toys to brushing those teeth. Kids solemnly turn down a challenge like, “I bet I can brush my teeth better than you!”
- Give them an exciting story: Kids love a good story and it even helps them understand things better. “Evil plaque monsters are trying to dig holes in your teeth, and only you can fight them off with your magical toothbrush!” Turn this drab daily routine into an adventurous battle between your child and the plaque monsters.
- Show them why it matters: Ask your dentist or pharmacist for a plaque dissolving agent that will show your kids just how much of that unwanted gunk is stuck on their teeth. The pink chewable tabs work by turning plaque pink and will show your kids why brushing is so important.
Practicing good oral hygiene with your kids promotes healthy habits for their future and creates the brightest smiles. Make sure to schedule you them for regular cleanings.